Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sometimes I can move things with me mind...

I got up early today to hit the gym, and I as I was pulling out of my driveway, I realized that I had forgotten my phone. So I turned off the car and ran back in to get it. When I started my car again, the air conditioning was not blowing.

NO!!!!

I felt a panic slowly rising up in me.

(You may think I'm being overly dramatic, but this is Phoenix and it's August....you do the mental math)

It was only 5:30 and it was already hot...really hot.

I drive around for work...I can't show up to people's houses a hot, sweaty mess! What am I going to do?!

As I was reviewing my options and pleading with Loretta (my old and *knock on wood* reliable Jeep Grand Cherokee) to be agreeable, I saw the light ahead turn yellow. At almost the same instant, I noticed a police car coming to a stop at the intersection adjacent to the stoplight. I slammed on my brakes. I heard all of the toys in the back crash as the car lurched forward. I glanced over at the cop. He was engrossed with his cell phone and hadn't even noticed me.

I let out a big sigh. I hadn't realized that I'd been holding my breath. I could feel sweat trickling down the side of my neck. I stared at the vents in front of me, willing them to work. I turned the A/C off, then on again. Nothing. Shit.

Just then, out of nowhere, the air conditioning started blowing out cold air full force.

HOORAY!!!!!

Maybe I'm like Drew Barrymore in Firestarter!

After all, I was willing it to work with me mind...

(for some reason, I'm making this statement in my head like an old west miner...two teeth, bandana around the neck, scraggly beard, old cowboy hat, whistling s sounds and pitch breaks often when talking...hence the use of "me" instead of "my"...I use me mind! Seeeeee????)

I'm just hoping I won't have to use my powers again today...

No comments:

Post a Comment